Flu distress
After suffering from fever and body pain, I decided to go our doctor. So I started my journey along with Kiran of course to the doctor clinic in that miserable freezing weather. When we reached the clinic it was unusually deserted. So we felt ourselves very lucky that we will be the only one to be treated by our doctor. When we reached the door to knock it, I told Kiran that there is a note that today is a holiday. Ah what a good timing. So I was bit upset. So I started complaining (have got used to the Central European’s habit of complaining for anything and everything under sun)
Me: How can doctor take leave? What about her patients?
Kiran: Bhavana, doctor is also a human, so maybe she had some urgent work or something.
Me: Oh yes, hmm..ok.
Then I planned to go to post office to pick my registered post for which a note was left by the post man/woman since we did not pick it up at that moment. Fortunately the tram had a stop on the way to the Post office.
I went into the post office and showed the note and my passport.
The lady in the counter said something in Czech,
Me: Nerozumim Ceski (I do not understand Czech)
The lady then showed 18.00 to 19.00 on that note and said, Pondeli( Monday in Czech)
Me: Dnes(today) ,18.00 to 19.00 hodin (hours?)
The lady: Ano (yes)
Me: Diky(thanks) Nashledanou (Good bye)
The Lady: ty Taky (you too)
Talk about lost in translation.
Then today evening at 19.00 Kiran came home and I was completely tired. Apparently he had gone to the post office before returning home to pick up the Series of “Who do you think you are” which he had ordered. When I saw the post with this inside I was excited.
Then after dinner with cabbage sambar and rice, Kiran started to watch Snooker. I was kind of silently complaining about how he can watch the snooker when I am suffering from Flu??
Then I started:
Me: feel like drinking some hot milk…
Kiran: Ok, I will prepare, do you want with saffron and cardamom and sugar.
(In India I always used to drink MTR Badam milk) so the thought of just milk with saffron and cardamom and sugar was not inviting at all.
Me: well I feel like drinking hot milk but something like chocolate milk, but we don’t have chocolate Granko.
Kiran: But we have chocolate powder and we can prepare chocolate milk out of it.
Me: really, I thought we needed something like Granko (Czech version of Boost).
Kiran: ahh we can prepare hot milk with just chocolate powder.
Me: WOW, please please I need it…. Yuppie
I hope that I will feel better tomorrow morning..
Me: How can doctor take leave? What about her patients?
Kiran: Bhavana, doctor is also a human, so maybe she had some urgent work or something.
Me: Oh yes, hmm..ok.
Then I planned to go to post office to pick my registered post for which a note was left by the post man/woman since we did not pick it up at that moment. Fortunately the tram had a stop on the way to the Post office.
I went into the post office and showed the note and my passport.
The lady in the counter said something in Czech,
Me: Nerozumim Ceski (I do not understand Czech)
The lady then showed 18.00 to 19.00 on that note and said, Pondeli( Monday in Czech)
Me: Dnes(today) ,18.00 to 19.00 hodin (hours?)
The lady: Ano (yes)
Me: Diky(thanks) Nashledanou (Good bye)
The Lady: ty Taky (you too)
Talk about lost in translation.
Then today evening at 19.00 Kiran came home and I was completely tired. Apparently he had gone to the post office before returning home to pick up the Series of “Who do you think you are” which he had ordered. When I saw the post with this inside I was excited.
Then after dinner with cabbage sambar and rice, Kiran started to watch Snooker. I was kind of silently complaining about how he can watch the snooker when I am suffering from Flu??
Then I started:
Me: feel like drinking some hot milk…
Kiran: Ok, I will prepare, do you want with saffron and cardamom and sugar.
(In India I always used to drink MTR Badam milk) so the thought of just milk with saffron and cardamom and sugar was not inviting at all.
Me: well I feel like drinking hot milk but something like chocolate milk, but we don’t have chocolate Granko.
Kiran: But we have chocolate powder and we can prepare chocolate milk out of it.
Me: really, I thought we needed something like Granko (Czech version of Boost).
Kiran: ahh we can prepare hot milk with just chocolate powder.
Me: WOW, please please I need it…. Yuppie
I hope that I will feel better tomorrow morning..
Get well soon mam.
ReplyDeleteOne thing i have to mention here, we just blame any thing in India. But. It is hurdles every where.
so chocolate milk is your new flue recovery aid?!:)well ..get well soon.
ReplyDeleteThanks Badriji and Raji :) Today I am feeling better :)
ReplyDelete