Wild Discovery
I am down with flu so resting at home for last 1 and a half week. I am reading for my IFRS course along with “India after Gandhi” and a kannada novel called “Mookajjiya kanasu”. Well you might be surprised but I need to read at least 2 books at a time (meaning one after another!!) in order to satisfy my grey cells.
Its early hours on 24-feb-2011 and I am still not sleepy. How would I get sleep when I had slept for 12 hours last night plus 2 hours the same afternoon?
So I was wondering what to do, I was tired of listening to Harry Potter’s audio book. So I sat in front of my desktop and thought of writing something for my blog. So I remembered some instances of very strange Wild life programs which I am sharing now.
1) Two days ago, I was watching a very strange program on Discovery Wild channel. In this program a group of people were trying to measure the length of a biggest crocodile somewhere in African Jungle.
Then this team goes to this dried up river bank and see a flock of crocodiles minding their own business and resting. Some crocodiles were enjoying the wet muddy “SPA” in that terrible heat.
This group of people then goes towards a hole which was inhabited by the so called biggest crocodile. This information apparently was gathered by the locals.
The group leader then enters the den in order to find that crocodile. Then he sees the head of this gigantic crocodile. (I was wondering what’s gone into some people??). Then the camera focuses in that group leader’s point of view.
He then says, "this place in indeed very spooky and full of insects and very smelly" (What do you expect in a crocodile’s den? Five star comfort??)
Then he throws a knotted metal string on to its mouth in the attempt of closing its huge mouth. When the string did its job, the crocodile started to get angry and started to rumble. It made its way towards to den’s mouth and this group leader started to shift outside the den and ran away from the den with the camera (what a brave man!! Hah!)
2) Then there are several other wild life programs where some crazy people try to make friends’ with a group of lions and lioness or group of tigers (For goodness sake, there are enough people in Africa who need friendship than these savage animals!!)
3) Then there is this program where people dive into the sea full of sharks to experience the life with them. I better not say anything about this!!!!
I understand that it’s very interesting to know our wild life cousins. But we certainly are not adapted to live with them even for few hours, no matter how good our intentions are!!
What do you say??? :-p
Its early hours on 24-feb-2011 and I am still not sleepy. How would I get sleep when I had slept for 12 hours last night plus 2 hours the same afternoon?
So I was wondering what to do, I was tired of listening to Harry Potter’s audio book. So I sat in front of my desktop and thought of writing something for my blog. So I remembered some instances of very strange Wild life programs which I am sharing now.
1) Two days ago, I was watching a very strange program on Discovery Wild channel. In this program a group of people were trying to measure the length of a biggest crocodile somewhere in African Jungle.
Then this team goes to this dried up river bank and see a flock of crocodiles minding their own business and resting. Some crocodiles were enjoying the wet muddy “SPA” in that terrible heat.
This group of people then goes towards a hole which was inhabited by the so called biggest crocodile. This information apparently was gathered by the locals.
The group leader then enters the den in order to find that crocodile. Then he sees the head of this gigantic crocodile. (I was wondering what’s gone into some people??). Then the camera focuses in that group leader’s point of view.
He then says, "this place in indeed very spooky and full of insects and very smelly" (What do you expect in a crocodile’s den? Five star comfort??)
Then he throws a knotted metal string on to its mouth in the attempt of closing its huge mouth. When the string did its job, the crocodile started to get angry and started to rumble. It made its way towards to den’s mouth and this group leader started to shift outside the den and ran away from the den with the camera (what a brave man!! Hah!)
2) Then there are several other wild life programs where some crazy people try to make friends’ with a group of lions and lioness or group of tigers (For goodness sake, there are enough people in Africa who need friendship than these savage animals!!)
3) Then there is this program where people dive into the sea full of sharks to experience the life with them. I better not say anything about this!!!!
I understand that it’s very interesting to know our wild life cousins. But we certainly are not adapted to live with them even for few hours, no matter how good our intentions are!!
What do you say??? :-p
nice article.please do visit my blog.regards.
ReplyDelete