Drilling fun

30-Oct-2011

(I have published this post on my wordpress blog as well)

Today, we decided to drill the wall and fix the new mirror cupboard (to be kept next to the shower to keep accessories, medicines and so on) to the wall as it was mentioned in IKEA manual. This mirror cupboard was bought almost a month ago and we had just assembled it but had not completed the drilling and fixing it to the wall since we had to buy a drilling set ( it will be useful to have one set at home) and Kiran had to have time to drill and fix it.

So this sunday at last was the D-day for it.

Kiran asked me to hold the switched on vacuum cleaner very next to the place where he was drilling so that the dust from the drilled concrete wall will not spread across.  I thought it was a good idea.
Kiran  started to drill the first hole and I kept the vacuum cleaner next to it just like Kiran had instructed me to do (two terrible sounds of drilling and vacuum cleaning at the same time could be heard and people next door might have wondered what in the world was happening in our flat!!).

Kiran finished drilling the first hole successfully and then second hole was successfully drilled as well and for the third one, he had to tighten the drilling machine since it had become a bit lose. So we had switched off both the drilling machine and the vacuum cleaner.

When Kiran finished tightening the drilling machine, he gave me a green signal to hold the vacuum cleaner and I did. While Kiran was drilling, I was keeping the vacuum cleaner next to the place where it was getting drilled just the way I did for the last two holes, but for this hole dust from the drilling work started to enter my eyes and this is not good for me since I wear semi-soft contact lenses and it started to get irritating, but still I did not bother.
Anyway, we finished the third hole and Kiran kept the drilling machine to the fourth point and I kept the vacuum cleaner very next to this (had to drill four points, as per the manual) and then Kiran suddenly said "Bhavana, I think the vacuum cleaner is not switched on" . I was surprised and saw that the vacuum cleaner was connected to the wall plug, but then I realized that button on the vacuum cleaner was not switched on though.

[What had happened was, when Kiran wanted to tighten the drilling machine before starting to drill the third hole, we had switched off both drilling machine and vacuum cleaner, but, I had forgotten to re-switch the button on the vacuum cleaner but had only switched it's wall plug. Since there was huge noise from the drilling machine itself while drilling for the third hole, I had not noticed or realized the missing sound from Vacuum cleaner :-)]

I started to laugh so badly that I could not stop laughing for nearly 15 minutes. I kept the vacuum cleaner down and went into the bed room and continued to roll on the bed with my shrill laughter until I got stomach ache and even Kiran joined me. The situation was so terribly funny. Just imagine me standing with incompletely switched on vacuum cleaner like a "great warrior princess in the effort to crush the enemy but did not realize that the sword had a "small" problem" :-) .

No wonder, dust was falling into my eyes.. :-)

Comments

  1. Bhavana Madam,

    Nice article. I appreciate the intimacy of you couple.

    Did ur eyes are OK now?

    (pl. visit my blog some time)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Badirji :0)

    I will visit..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Struggle to map her own world

Birthday cravings

A rare incident with picture of Vyjayanthimala