Dracula, my thoughts
I have had heard a lot about Dracula novel and movie by Kiran (my husband). He loves classic novels and he is slowly introducing me to them.
I should say I am enjoying reading the classic novels and the language the classic authors’ uses are unbeatable.
The stories in classic novels revolve around usage of the language by the authors and lots of descriptions are used in order for the reader to picture the weather, feel the love and lust, sweat with horror and to smell the sweet smell of the nature.
A reader can imagine a lot and every time classic novels are re-read, the picture from the descriptions becomes clearer.
A reader can imagine a lot and every time classic novels are re-read, the picture from the descriptions becomes clearer.
After reading Harry Potter series, the story of Dracula to me is mediocre. But the way it is written is so different.
The Author Bram Stoker uses a different and very effective method in this novel. He has written this novel as the collection of diaries and journals written by the characters.
During 19th century, then educated people used to write journals and diaries.
After finishing reading this novel, believe it or not, I have started to write my own journal and I will be starting to write my everyday diary as well. This Handwriting is relaxing me :-)
Just waiting to buy 1992 Dracula movie which casts my favorite actors Gary Oldman and Keanu Reeves and to watch it!!!!
Comments
Post a Comment