Movement against Capitalism?
When I was in India waiting for my Czech VISA for almost 14 months (it should had been finished by 3 months maximum), I got so irritated that I had to raise my voice to that consulate lady in Mumbai over phone and what she said to me was "how dare you shout at a government employee!!”
Now after Anna's movement, the way Congress is treating Team Anna (BJP would not had been any better if they were in power I would say) I do not blame the behavior of Today's Indian Middle class and their frustration on the political class. But no matter what, Jan Lok Pal bill solely will not eradicate corruption and what more it’s unconstitutional because a single unelected body cannot have a supreme power in a Democracy.
But than corruption, I am more worried about the education, social issues, discrimination, caste systems and those implications of the future term on our society.
All problems seems to be inter-connected somehow.
All problems seems to be inter-connected somehow.
Jan Lok Pal is sort of against capitalism (I would say Business growth) and Anna Hazare certainly is against capitalism and sure Gandhi himself was anti-capitalist. But during these days Capitalism is very important for any country's financial growth. Marxism and socialistic attitudes will not be of any help.
The movement such as Team Anna’s which creates momentary stir is not helpful either for a long time to the society. Foreigners who do investments in India do not care about how it is going inside our country. They are bothered more about how much the society is open for new jobs and businesses. If the mentality moves from Capitalism to Socialism, no foreign investors will invest further (we could see the 50% drop in share market during Anna's movement). Indian middle class should start thinking about future not just present.
Anna's intentions are good but his methodology certainly is not and it does not help in the future economic growth!
Anna's intentions are good but his methodology certainly is not and it does not help in the future economic growth!
I would like to share Jaithirth Rao’s column on Indian Express: http://www.indianexpress.com/news/when-glee-is-complacency/840475/
Also please find Shekhar Gupta's column:
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/annationalism/840907/0
Also please find Shekhar Gupta's column:
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/annationalism/840907/0
We need to work on a road which is open to capitalism and not socialism and Marxism. We should move along the tide not against it!
Comments
Post a Comment