My Review of a movie!
Phir Hera Pheri: My humble opinion about this movie:
1) Rimi Sen face was rather looking bigger than her body with kilograms of make up. I wonder how a girl who lost everything can apply loads of make up and curl her hair and how in Mumbai's "dhoop" it all remains the same even if she is running or eating, no sweating nothing, amazing!
Even Bipasha Basu, she has no acting skills nor the director has made any effort to take it out somehow. She is running with her heels on!!
It looks like these days bollywood movies wants women to be present only as an "Item number" is it so?.
1970's hindi movies like "Kashmir ki kali" and "An evening in Paris" also had rather insignificant roles for heroines, But then they were there in the movies as "Dolls" and now heroines are there as "items".
Pity this is happening in a country which worships Goddesses for strength and power, knowledge and wisdom and money and luck.
(At least in 70's, Kannada movie industry had produced some wonderful movies which showcased social problems and were still commercial successes. Heroines had their plump role in them. The songs were amazing as well. I still watch them here in Brno, I have their CDs)
2) The only good thing about this movie "Phir hera pheri" is Paresh Rawal and Johny Lever's acting. Even Akshay's Macho-ness left me unnoticed in front of Paresh Rawal's acting skills.
3) The last scene of this movie which happens in a Circus, rather starts with slapstick kind of jokes and later it becomes too chaotic and boring.
Slapstick kind of humor sometimes is good, but this is like trying too hard!
I wonder why I dont like movies from any "woods" these days, Oh yes!! . I do not see any sense in them. (I have watched only bollywood and sandalwood so far in my life. No tamil movies yet and Kiran has very kindly warned me against watching Rajanikanth's movies, since Kiran had to undergo torture in Madhurai Kamraj University's hostel and what more do not understand Tamil. I have watched 1 or 2 telugu movies since I understand a bit of telugu)
When I watch a movie, I should feel, "yes this could happen" and should be thought provoking. No nonsense required for me. Even songs are torturous with dances and so on! Cannot take it!!
1) Rimi Sen face was rather looking bigger than her body with kilograms of make up. I wonder how a girl who lost everything can apply loads of make up and curl her hair and how in Mumbai's "dhoop" it all remains the same even if she is running or eating, no sweating nothing, amazing!
Even Bipasha Basu, she has no acting skills nor the director has made any effort to take it out somehow. She is running with her heels on!!
It looks like these days bollywood movies wants women to be present only as an "Item number" is it so?.
1970's hindi movies like "Kashmir ki kali" and "An evening in Paris" also had rather insignificant roles for heroines, But then they were there in the movies as "Dolls" and now heroines are there as "items".
Pity this is happening in a country which worships Goddesses for strength and power, knowledge and wisdom and money and luck.
(At least in 70's, Kannada movie industry had produced some wonderful movies which showcased social problems and were still commercial successes. Heroines had their plump role in them. The songs were amazing as well. I still watch them here in Brno, I have their CDs)
2) The only good thing about this movie "Phir hera pheri" is Paresh Rawal and Johny Lever's acting. Even Akshay's Macho-ness left me unnoticed in front of Paresh Rawal's acting skills.
3) The last scene of this movie which happens in a Circus, rather starts with slapstick kind of jokes and later it becomes too chaotic and boring.
Slapstick kind of humor sometimes is good, but this is like trying too hard!
I wonder why I dont like movies from any "woods" these days, Oh yes!! . I do not see any sense in them. (I have watched only bollywood and sandalwood so far in my life. No tamil movies yet and Kiran has very kindly warned me against watching Rajanikanth's movies, since Kiran had to undergo torture in Madhurai Kamraj University's hostel and what more do not understand Tamil. I have watched 1 or 2 telugu movies since I understand a bit of telugu)
When I watch a movie, I should feel, "yes this could happen" and should be thought provoking. No nonsense required for me. Even songs are torturous with dances and so on! Cannot take it!!
Comments
Post a Comment