Social Injustice

I love to read 50/60s Kannada novels, but the social injustice existing at that time makes my blood boil whenever I read them.
1) "It is the responsibility of my elder son to educate my other kids"
--Just imagine educating one son takes these irresponsible parents all their lives and they expect their "this" son to educate other children of their's. Such unfair system!
2) "oh, your daughter is very fair and beautiful, I want my son to marry only her ."
--Why should a girl be looked as a "thing" for match makers?? Weighing people with their body colors. What has girl's dark skin got to do with match making?? and yes, these girls got adjusted >stupidly< with this unfair system. They should have had done a revolution against this.
Even now, I see advertisements which is about making skin "fair".
Shame!!
3) "oh, why should we educate our girl child anyway, they are going to become "property" of other families when they get married!"
--If these girls would be educated and would had joined jobs and would had been financially independent then they would had married the man they wanted and would not have been treated like doormats by male chauvinistic pigs!
Sick social structure! I feel ashamed to tell the world that I am from that kind of society!
Pic source: http://bradley.chattablogs.com/archives/social-justice/
Comments
Post a Comment