Train journey Part-2

14-Sep-2011
I finished my financial accounting course (Read Train Journey Part 1) and I had performed quite badly in my mock exam. But how can I expect myself to fair well when this was my first financial course (me being a science graduate) along with 2 dozen PwC auditors? Obviously they know better and are experienced.
I was feeling quite low but confident of learning something new and happy to have decided about my career line. I wanted to build up my career and was wondering in what. I tried Quality. But it was boring to me. Then I started to work in Finance and Accounting and I was thrilled to do so. After gaining some experience in Balance sheet accounting, I decided to study Finance and Accounting.
I boarded my train back to Brno and went into a compartment then placed my cabin luggage and started to drown myself in my own world (moment’s misery).
Then I heard some commotion and saw 4 people (2 men and 2 women – couples) getting into to same compartment. They were speaking Spanish. I can recognize it as Spanish since I have a Spanish friend and it is quite a language indeed! Anyway Europeans as I said in my last post (Train Journey Part 1) are very proud of themselves and their language in particular.
Then these 4 people started to speak so much with each other, my goodness. They were speaking nonstop and that too so loudly. So I decided that I will “rudely” interrupt them and started a conversation with them. I got to know that they were Mexicans and not from Spain. (Both countries speak Spanish hah! But my guess was correct this time!)
Then we continued our conversation. I told them I am from India and was in Prague for a course in PwC. Then 2 men suddenly told me “Oh, do not speak to us then, we are from Ernst and young”. I was so surprised and then realized that Ernst and Young and PwC were competitors (very funny! :-/).
Then we spoke about Europe and Mexico. They were explaining about the problems Mexico is facing with the drugs and that they were tired of it. They also spoke about how Mexicans are forgetting their own culture of Mayans and Incas or Aztecs.
In the end one man decided to tell me a Mexican joke by translating it in English and I should say he miserably failed. I did not understand what was funny about what he had said?? Other two ladies did not know that joke as well. They did not find the "joke" funny either (even after he recited the joke in Spanish!). After this incident we all laughed so badly (Two Mexican men laughed as if Women never understands such jokes and we three women – one Indian and two Mexicans laughed as if men do not know what real jokes are like! Fair enough isn’t it?)  Time flew so fast while I was speaking with them. 
Brno station arrived and I bid adieu to them and reached home, happy me..

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Struggle to map her own world

Birthday cravings

Teenage Heartache? Or was it?? Part 2